Ian Stevenson has 20 years of award-winning international experience in scripted and non-scripted Television, Film, Commercials and Journalism. Ian has extensive credits as Director, Showrunner, EP and Creator, and has worldwide industry film and TV contacts. His qualifications include a Bachelor of Business Degree and film school graduate (AFTRS). Ian has major credits in production and development.
His list of shows, clients and employers reads like a “who’s who”: NBC Universal, Discovery, MTV, BSkyB, Channels 4 & 5 – UK, Australian TV networks, Foxtel, “The Biggest Loser”, “Bone Detectives”, “The Mole”, “CMT Next Superstar” from the Producers of “American Idol”, “Battleground Earth”, Coke, MasterCard, QANTAS and BMG Sony Music.
Ian has worked on productions with budgets ranging from $500K-$10M. He has managed and worked with crews and staff from 20 -100. He has filmed in 20 countries including; the deserts of Cairo, the Venice canals, on top of 18,000ft Bolivian mountains and deep inside rebel occupied jungles of Belize. He has extensive knowledge and experience in cameras (HD and 35mm), lighting, logistics, multi-cam, studio, outdoor stunts, aerials and live recordings…..and he works with animals and children.
In 2006, Ian moved to Los Angeles to further his career. With no industry contacts or introductions he quickly established himself in the very competitive US TV market. Ian is represented by ICM Partners in Los Angeles & New York, whose clients include Oscar winning actors, writers and directors.
Ian is founder / owner of award-winning and international production company – Bondi Beach Productions. One of its first productions, documentary – “Purple Haze“, with Ian as Creator and Director, won major awards [Gold ATOM] and sold internationally.
Testament to his extensive experience and intuitive creative skill, Ian has been employed on multiple occasions to ‘trouble-shoot’ struggling productions. For example, he was hired as replacement Director on a major USA production filming in Egypt and successfully improved the creative to satisfy network executives.
Ian’s excellent communication and people skills have proved especially helpful when directing celebrities and talent such as: Ashton Kutcher, Kevin Hart, Kristin Chenoweth, Tori Spelling, Tommy Lee, Ludacris, Linda Perry, Mel Gibson and RuPaul.
Ian’s tremendous passion, ambition and motivation help him achieve very high goals that many see as unachievable. His intensive work ethic , creative skills and high level of commitment ensure engaging story-telling and stunning visuals.
DIRECTOR – ‘THE LINDA PERRY PROJECT’ – VH1 MUSIC
- Documentary series following rock legend Linda Perry [lead singer 4 Non Blondes & now Music Producer – Pink, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani and Courtney Love] as she finds new original talent to sign to her record label.
“A very passionate and creative Director” – Linda Perry
DIRECTOR – ‘CMT NEXT SUPERSTAR’ – MTV’S COUNTRY MUSIC TV
- From the Producers of “American Idol” – Competition reality and live performance.
Multi-camera, 50 cast & crew, extensive use of multiple locations.
“A very good looking show…fantastic coverage” – Nigel Lythgoe, EP.
“I couldn’t ask for anything more from a Director” – Simon Lythgoe, EP.
DIRECTOR – ‘BONE DETECTIVES’ – DISCOVERY CHANNEL
- Hired as a replacement Director on this major Discovery production.
- Shot in 7 countries [e.g. Egypt and Bolivia] in remote and dangerous locations.
- Improved the creative look of the show to an outstanding quality over-and-above network and production company expectation [references available]
EP / CREATOR / DIRECTOR – ‘PURPLE HAZE’
- Created & directed award-winning documentary, ‘Purple Haze’ [Won Gold ATOM] on a small budget with limited resources.
- Produced by Ian’s production company – Bondi Beach Productions
- Sold internationally including U.K.
DIRECTOR – ‘THE BIGGEST LOSER’
- Director on first Australian season of the global hit show ‘Biggest Loser’.
- Guided the show to a # 1 ratings hit of the year achieving record audiences for a non-drama / sport show.
EP / CREATOR / DIRECTOR – ‘GOODBYE MEAT PIE’
- Created TV series ‘Goodbye Meat Pie’ for the Lifestyle channel.
- Ratings success achieving some of the best ratings figures of the year.
- Critics raved about it…”well presented characters and slick theme music” [The Australian].
DIRECTOR – ‘BEST INK’
- From the Producers of the hit shows- ‘Project Runway’ and ‘Keeping up with the Kardashians’, Ian was given the challenging and all-important task of directing ‘Best Ink’ on its first season for NBC’s cable channel – Oxygen. It increased ratings by 110%.
1990-CURRENT – BONDI BEACH PRODUCTIONS
FOUNDER / OWNER / EXECUTIVE PRODUCER / CREATOR
- Founded and managed this award winning Production Company, creating and producing top-rating and critically acclaimed product for international markets. Sample credits include: awarding winning: Purple Haze (BskyB), Santas Wanted (Foxtel), and Goodbye Meatpie (The Lifestyle Channel).
- Developed TV programs and films, and attended markets such as the Cannes Film Festival.
- Bondi Beach Productions also facilitated European and UK productions in Australia.
SENIOR TV PRODUCER / TV DIRECTOR
COMMUNICADO, NEW ZEALAND – 1995-1996
- Oversaw productions with budgets $2-$10m.
- Responsible for 25 staff.
- Credits include award winning travel program Life In Pacifica, The Travel Channel USA.
PRODUCER / DIRECTOR – TELEVISION COMMERCIALS – 1990-2005
- Producing and/or directing television commercials with budgets $50K – $1m.
- Clients include: MasterCard, QANTAS, Mitsubishi and Cadbury. Filming in locations such as: Australia, Italy, South America and the Pacific. A major client is ruler of Dubai – His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, owner of global horse breeding and racing company Darley Stud.
Bachelor of Business Degree (Marketing Major) – University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Producer Course – Australian Film, Television & Radio School, Australia
ADFM – Orange Agricultural College, Australia
- Atom Gold winner
- Atom Best Documentary
- New York TV Festival winner
- Logie TV Awards nominated Best Reality
- Logie TV Awards Best Reality Australian TV
- Winner – Pitching competition at Screen Producers Australia
Ian Stevenson – EP | Showrunner | Director | Creator
Phone: USA: + 1- 310 993 6614 Australia: + 61 – 419 445 028
Passports: USA and Australia
Represented by: ICM Partners – Los Angeles: + 1 – 310 550 4264 & New York: + 1 – 212 556 5600